martes, 6 de agosto de 2013

¿Qué es lo que puedo aportar para el bienestar de mi prójimo?

What is you Contribution Equation?
Culture, Entrepreneurship, Generosity, Inspiration, Life   
.
I like math – I always have and always will. I often think in equations. For many things I do, I crank out a quick ROI calculation in my head – mostly subconsciously and instantaneously, but I do it. As many of you know, I left Leverage Software on October 27th. Since my departure I have been trying to determine how I want to split my time between earning, helping entrepreneurs and giving back philanthropically.
..
Math
After meeting a bunch of awesome people at Summit Series, spending a bit of time with Tim Ferris and Scott Harrison from Charity Water and generally thinking about how I want to spend my time I have defined my Contribution Equation (and created a new term in the process, I suppose). I am defining the Contribution Equation as the formula for how I spend my time professionally and philanthropically. It considers working hours only – let’s assume 50 hours per week. It doesn’t include personal time with friends, coaching, family time, etc. Of course, there is some overlap but the Contribution Equation is the deliberate way in which I spend my time to earn and contribute. So, here it is – what’s yours? .
50% of my working hours – earning $$
25% of my working hours – advising companies for equity only (or none at all, in some cases)
25% of my working hours – volunteering and philanthropic endeavors such as planning, advising, fund-raising, donating, and development for things that I believe in and wherein I can provide tremendous value
For me, this equation represents the appropriate blend of present earnings, equity upside and giving. It allows me to most effectively leverage my capabilities, experience and passions to help a bunch of people less fortunate while satisfying my financial goals. I’m sharing this to ask you to think about your Contribution Equation. If you are reading this post, you are likely more fortunate than 90% of Americans and 99% of the people on this planet. Will you consider the giving part of your Contribution Equation?

Remember, giving can be in the form of expertise, money, time, connections, promotion, etc. For many, the equation might be 99% and 1% (giving), which is an awesome contribution. I would suggest that you write it down, because it allows you to turn your desires into action and execution. One way to think about the Return part of the ROI equation, with regard to giving, is that you might:
feed a bunch of kids
provide safe drinking water which prevents disease and death
prevent a suicide
help to raise a child
educate a child or adult
provide skills and financial resources to support a family economy across the globe
Those are pretty awesome returns, aren’t they? It doesn’t take much to make a huge contribution.

What is you Contribution Equation? - Be well. * @mwalsh 
Aprende idiomas leyendo periodicos y revistas * When you learn English, you have to learn in whole sentences and in context * Learn languages by reading newspapers and magazines * Imprime diariamente de 10 a 40 renglones de algún texto o noticia interesante o curiosa en tu idioma. Subraya de 10 a 40 palabras (según tu disponibilidad). Anótalas en columna en el espacio disponible abajo del texto o en el reverso de la hoja. Tradúcelas al inglés u otro idioma deseado. Anota el significado al lado de cada palabra. Si ya entiendes lo que lees al 50% en un idioma extranjero, repite lo anterior pero ahora con oraciones cortas (en lugar de palabras) en el idioma extranjero que ya conoces. Revisa tu trabajo y compáralo con el de otros compañeros para corregir errores. Muestra tu trabajo a tu profesor. Pídele que te sugiera otra actividad que expanda lo que acabas de realizar. Copia y comparte este trabajo, súbelo a tu blog o página personal. My Homework Network * Non-Profit Sharing Ring * Languages * Collaborative School Projects * Prof JML * Mexico

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Comentarios, frases de celebridades, preguntas, sugerencias, enlaces interesants, etc. * Comments, quotes, questions, suggestions, interesting links.

Nota: solo los miembros de este blog pueden publicar comentarios.

Paisajes

Aprende idiomas leyendo periodicos y revistas * When you learn English, you have to learn in whole sentences and in context * Learn la...